9/20/2017: Version 3.8.3:
- A few minor updates were made to comply with Google's developer distribution agreement.
7/18/2017: Version 3.8.2:
- Works around an issue introduced by Google that blocked linking to Google accounts that were not set up in the device's settings area.
- Fixes an issue with the Android Wear add-on in which the task list would not always refresh.
3/10/2017: Version 3.8.1:
- Fixes an issue in which a voice command could not be retried when voice mode is started from our Ultimate Driving Mode app.
- Some updates to the Android Wear add-on were made to better support Android Wear 2.0. These include an improved layout for circular screens as well as updates to the instructions.
11/28/2016: Version 3.8:
- A plugin for the Tasker automation app is now available. It allows you to automate some common tasks. For example, after missing a call, a to-do item could be created to call the person back. The plugin may be purchased in the add-ons area of the settings for $2.99 (US).
- A bug has been fixed in which calendar items linked to tasks were not updated if the start or due date was edited from the task list screen.
- It is now possible to specify reminder times that are more than 7 days prior to the due date. Due to Toodledo limitations, these reminders will not appear on Toodledo's web site.
10/25/2016: Version 3.7:
- Reliability improvements for voice mode.
- Voice mode is now accessible from our new Ultimate Driving Mode app. From Ultimate Driving Mode, say "new task" or "Ultimate To-Do List" to temporarily switch to Ultimate To-Do List to create or update a task using a voice command.
- A fix is included for the "Google tasks must have a folder" error message that was erroneously appearing on some devices.
- Fixes an issue in which the widgets would not refresh reliably on certain devices.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes and usability improvements.
1/21/2016: Version 3.6:
- Several layout improvements were made for languages other than English.
- A Japanese translation has been added.
- Removed the permission to read the phone state, since it is no longer needed.
- A notification message is now displayed if subtasks are hidden from a list due to the filtering-out of the parent task and the use of manual sorting.
- Fixes an issue in which overdue tasks would sometimes not have their dates highlighted in red in the widget.
12/15/2015: Version 3.5.1:
- Fixes an issue in which the manual sort feature was interfering with the ability to resize panes when using a split-screen mode.
- Fixes a crash that would occur on the sort order screen when the first sort order was set to a disabled task field.
12/14/2015: Version 3.5:
- A manual sorting add-on is now available, which gives you the ability to choose your own sort order for tasks. Once purchased, you can drag and drop tasks within a list to set their order. The sort order will sync with Google Tasks, and will sync across multiple devices regardless of which online service you use. This add-on is available for $2.99 (US).
- A new "Add-Ons" area has been added to the settings. This provides a convenient place to learn about and purchase upgrades.
- Minor improvements have been made to synchronization and voice command processing.
- Note that Android version 2 is no longer supported as of this release. Users with devices running Android 2 may still download and use version 3.4.3 from Google Play.
11/4/2015: Version 3.4.3:
- Fixes the "error code 3" message some users were seeing when trying to sync with Google.
8/29/2015: Version 3.4.2:
- Fixes an issue in which voice mode would sometimes create a duplicate task.
6/30/2015: Version 3.4.1:
- Fixes an issue in which voice mode would not work on Android 5 devices if the microphone button is pressed instead of saying the trigger phrase.
5/30/2015: Version 3.4:
- A new option is available in the Android wear add-on to send a daily summary of incomplete tasks to the watch.
- Voice mode will now accept speech from a Bluetooth headset. Android 4.0 or later is required.
- Updated the Android Wear add-on to support the latest versions of Google Play Services and Android Wear. This includes compatibility with multiple device setups.
- Works around a bug in some Samsung devices running Android 5 that was causing a crash when the app starts up.
- Fixed a bug in which widgets would not display all tags attached to a task.
- Works around an issue with Google Tasks in which it will block uploading of tasks if the app sends too many tasks too quickly.
- Fixed an issue in which the app would, on rare occasions, not understand a repeating pattern sent by Toodledo.
- Fixed a bug in which headers in a task list that are based on the start or due date could be incorrect if the user changes time zones.
4/8/2015: Version 3.3:
- The app now links to Toodledo using the latest version of their interface. This includes security upgrades, such as the use of encryption for all traffic for free accounts, as well as paid.
- The Android Wear add-on may now be installed by non-English users. Voice commands must still be in English.
- Fixed a bug in which the free trial could expire at the time of installation under rare circumstances.
- Fixed a bug with the Android Wear add on in which it would be unable to snooze a notification if more than one notification is currently being displayed.
- Resolved an issue in which the daily backup would not run if Android is low on resources and needs to restart the app frequently.
- Fixed a bug in which the archived attribute of a goal was not being uploaded to Toodledo.
- When linking to Toodledo after installation, Toodledo's hotlist priority and due date preferences are now transferred into the app's hotlist.
2/16/2015: Version 3.2:
- You can now trigger a manual sync from any task or note list by swiping down when you're at the top of the list.
- Security has been increased for Google accounts. All types of linked Google accounts now use Google's latest security standards.
- Fixed a bug with the Android Wear add-on that prevented the "Mark Complete" button from working in the phone's notification area.
- Fixed an issue that occurred on certain devices in which voice mode would say that it's waiting on the speech recognizer and not allow speech recognition.
- Fixed an issue in which the Android Wear add-on would not respond when trying to view the default task list if the default task list was empty.
- Fixed a crash that occurred on Android 2.x devices when trying to edit a task note with a hyperlink.
12/22/2014: Version 3.1:
- An Android Wear add-on is now available as an in-app purchase for $1.49 (US). With this add-on, you can browse and check-off tasks, snooze reminders, and create and update tasks by voice. Note that the add-on is currently available for English speakers only.
- Your favorite views may now be placed at the top of the navigation drawer.
- The full task title now appears in the task viewer and editor, with no need for scrolling.
- The note editor now shows the full note title without scrolling.
- The navigation drawer now remembers what items were open and where it was scrolled to, even after the app is restarted.
- Fixed an issue that appeared on some devices in which copy and paste, as well a cursor controls, did not work in a task's note if the note had hyperlinks.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash on the Blackberry Passport and Q10 if a split-screen view is in use.
- Fixed an issue that was found on a few devices in which the advanced repeat settings would display when trying to open the task editor.
12/10/2014: Version 3.0:
Version 3 includes a complete overhaul of the app's user interface - to match Android 4 and 5 standards and conventions, and to provide easier access to key features.
- The user interface has been completely redesigned and modernized.
- A new voice mode is available that supports creating, editing, and reading tasks.
- Smartphone and tablet editions have been combined into a single app. One license purchase will unlock the app for unlimited use on any device you own.
- Various split-screen options are available for larger devices, including 2 pane and 3 pane layouts. Separate layouts can be chosen for portrait and landscape.
- The license is now available as an in-app purchase, making it easier to transfer to a new device, and improving multi-device support. Current license holders are not required to upgrade.
- Easier access to multi-select mode, using a long-press on a task.
- Multi-select mode now supports changing of contexts.
- Dividers are now displayed in the list based on the first sort order.
- A multi-select mode is now available, allowing multiple notes to be moved between folders or deleted.
- Notes now have separate view and edit modes, making it much easier to view a long note with fast scrolling and not having the keyboard get in the way.
- New widget themes are available for Android 4 and up. These include options to add, edit, and mark tasks complete directly from the widget.
- You can now copy the settings from another view into the widget's view.
Notification and Reminder Improvements:
- You can now snooze a reminder or mark a task as complete directly from the notification.
- The notification priority can be adjusted, and an option is available to use ongoing notifications (which can only be removed using the app).